Connect with us

Liverpool

Jurgen Klopp reveals who is responsible for Liverpool’s ‘crisis’

Published

on

Jurgen Klopp reveals who is responsible for Liverpool's 'crisis'

Jurgen Klopp has urged Liverpool critics to blame him for the club’s recent ‘crisis’.

The Reds won a cup double last season and managed to complete an unprecedented quadruple in two games, but this time they failed to live up to the same standards.

Liverpool are 10th in the Premier League – 22 points behind leaders Arsenal and 12 behind the top four – and have already been knocked out of both domestic cups. They also have an unfavorable Champions League draw against Real Madrid in a repeat of last year’s final on the horizon.

Good news Liverpool 'will give Jurgen Klopp the funds he needs to rebuild this summer' after a dismal campaign...

Liverpool: whose fault is it? Speaking to Sky Sports ahead of Monday’s Merseyside derby against Everton, Klopp admitted he will have to bear the brunt of the criticism.

Asked if Liverpool are in crisis, Klopp replied: “Of course we are, we don’t hide it. You have to get out of there and we will.

“You can really criticize anything, but don’t approach the wrong people, it doesn’t make sense. I’m responsible for all of this, if you want to criticize, criticize me. That’s all, and I have no problems with that.

Jurgen Klopp could be forced to return to his own rule to save Liverpool's season

Klopp was then asked if Liverpool’s players are still feeling physically and mentally exhausted after a grueling 2021/22 season, to which he replied: “I don’t know 100% but we know he was influential, but again from our point of view if you are suffering for something, you can continue to suffer or you can fight for it”.

Also….

Victor Osimhen linked with liverpool transfer race despite Napoli’s blunt message

Liverpool are the latest club to be linked with a transfer of Napoli striker Victor Osimhen

Liverpool and Real Madrid have reportedly joined Manchester United in the hunt for Napoli striker Victor Osimhen.

According to Spanish publication Fichajes, who claim the Reds and Real, who will face off in the Champions League next week, are the latest two clubs to join the race for the striker.

The Nigerian has scored 16 goals in 17 games this season as his Napoli side edged close to Serie A glory. Luciano Spalletti’s side are on course to win their first Scudetto this season since the Diego Maradona era and are 13 points clear of second-placed Inter after 21 games.

According to a recent report from Italy, Napoli hope to extend Osimhen’s current contract by at least one year until June 2026 to protect her interests. While Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis this week insisted that Osimhen was not for sale.

“I can tell you that Osimhen is not for sale,” he told German publication Bild. “There is a lot of demand for our players, but I don’t have to sell anyone. We have no debts.”

Osimhen’s last two Serie A goals this season came in an eventual 3-0 win away to Spezia for Napoli last weekend.

Also read…

Liverpool are reviving long-term interest in Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski

Liverpool are reviving long-term interest in Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski.
Il Mattino says Liverpool are interested in Zielinski.

The 28-year-old has long been a target for the Reds having opted for Napoli over Anfield in 2016 when he moved from Empoli to Napoli.

Piotr Zielinski

His contract with the Serie A leaders still has 18 months left, but the Italian newspaper says his salary seems “too important” given the salary structure set by the Napoli president. According to the outlet, if a deal cannot be reached in the Italian top flight, his future can only lie in the Premier League and Jurgen Klopp’s side have been mooted.

Trending